Calificación:
  • 2 voto(s) - 5 Media
Carlos Goshn, CEO de Renault/Nissan, podría estar detenido
Vaya vaya, que cosas
Yo desde noviembre comentaba el movimiento Gaydude . Si esto se confirma, Nissan va a salir un poco perjudicada, o deberia. Y el al gobierno japonés igual le salpica algo, que ha ayudado a Nissan a todo esto...
Responder
Muy cabrones los japoneses.

Espero y deseo que nissan la pague bien.
Responder
al final compensaciones por jubilacion Roto2 Roto2

Yo siendo renault negocio con mercedes su 3.1% para reforzarse mas.
Responder
Declaración de Ghosn en el juicio:

Cita:Statement of Carlos Ghosn

Your Honor,

I am grateful to finally have the opportunity to speak publicly. I look forward to beginning the process of defending myself against the accusations that have been made against me.

First, let me say that I have a genuine love and appreciation for Nissan. I believe strongly that in all of my efforts on behalf of the company, I have acted honorably, legally, and with the knowledge and approval of the appropriate executives inside the company — with the sole purpose of supporting and strengthening Nissan, and helping to restore its place as one of Japan’s finest and most respected companies.

Now I would like to address the allegations.

1. The FX Forward contracts

When I first joined Nissan and moved to Japan almost 20 years ago, I wanted to be paid in U.S. dollars, but was told that that was not possible and was given an employment contract that required me to be paid in Japanese yen. I have long been concerned about the volatility of the yen relative to the U.S. dollar. I am a U.S. dollar-based individual - my children live in the U.S. and I have strong ties to Lebanon, whose currency has a fixed exchange rate against the U.S. dollar. I wanted predictability in my income in order to help me take care of my family.

To deal with this issue, I entered into foreign exchange contracts throughout my tenure at Nissan, beginning in 2002. Two such contracts are at issue in this proceeding. One was signed in 2006, when the Nissan stock price was around 1,500 yen and the yen/dollar rate was around 118. The other was signed in 2007, when the Nissan stock price was around 1,400 yen and the yen/dollar exchange rate was around 114.

The 2008–2009 financial crisis caused Nissan’s shares to plummet to 400 yen in October 2008 and to 250 yen in February 2009 (down more than 80% from its peak) and the yen/dollar exchange rate dropped below 80. It was a perfect storm that no one predicted. The entire banking system was frozen, and the bank asked for an immediate increase in my collateral on the contracts, which I could not satisfy on my own.

I was faced with two stark choices:

1. Resign from Nissan, so that I could receive my retirement allowance, which I could then use to provide the necessary collateral. But my moral commitment to Nissan would not allow me to step down during that crucial time; a captain doesn’t jump ship in the middle of a storm.

2. Ask Nissan to temporarily take on the collateral, so long as it came to no cost to the company, while I gathered collateral from my other sources.

I chose option 2. The FX contracts were then transferred back to me without Nissan incurring any loss.

2. Khaled Juffali

Khaled Juffali has been a long-time supporter and partner of Nissan. During a very difficult period, Khaled Juffali Company helped Nissan solicit financing and helped Nissan solve a complicated problem involving a local distributor - indeed, Juffali helped Nissan restructure struggling distributors throughout the Gulf region, enabling Nissan to better compete with rivals like Toyota, which was outperforming Nissan.
Judge Yuichi Tada and spectators sit in a courtroom ahead of a court hearing on a case of ousted Nissan Motor Co. Chairman Carlos Ghosn at the Tokyo District Court in Tokyo, Japan, January 8, 2019. Kiyoshi Ota/Pool via Reuters

Juffali also assisted Nissan in negotiating the development of a manufacturing plant in Saudi Arabia, organizing high-level meetings with Saudi officials.

Khaled Juffali Company was appropriately compensated - an amount disclosed to and approved by the appropriate officers at Nissan - in exchange for these critical services that substantially benefited Nissan.

3. The FIEL Allegations

Four major companies sought to recruit me while I was CEO of Nissan, including Ford (by Bill Ford) and General Motors (by Steve Rattner, the then-Car Czar under President Barack Obama). Even though their proposals were very attractive, I could not in good conscience abandon Nissan while we were in the midst of our turnaround. Nissan is an iconic Japanese company that I care about deeply. Although I chose not to pursue the other opportunities, I did keep a record of the market compensation for my role, which those companies offered me if I had taken these jobs. This was an internal benchmark that I kept for my own future reference - it had no legal effect; it was never shared with the directors; and it never represented any kind of binding commitment.

In fact, the various proposals for non-compete and advisory services post-retirement made by some members of the board did not reflect or reference my internal calculations, underscoring their hypothetical, non-binding nature.

Contrary to the accusations made by the prosecutors, I never received any compensation from Nissan that was not disclosed, nor did I ever enter into any binding contract with Nissan to be paid a fixed amount that was not disclosed.
PG&E shares plunge on bankruptcy worries

Moreover, I understood that any draft proposals for post-retirement compensation were reviewed by internal and external lawyers, showing I had no intent to violate the law. For me, the test is the “death test”: if I died today, could my heirs require Nissan to pay anything other than my retirement allowance? The answer is an unequivocal “No.”

4. Contribution to Nissan

I have dedicated two decades of my life to reviving Nissan and building the Alliance. I worked toward these goals day and night, on the earth and in the air, standing shoulder to shoulder with hardworking Nissan employees around the globe, to create value. The fruits of our labors have been extraordinary.

We transformed Nissan, moving it from a position of a debt of 2 trillion yen in 1999 to cash of 1.8 trillion yen at the end of 2006, from 2.5 million cars sold in 1999 at a significant loss to 5.8 million cars sold profitably in 2016. Nissan’s asset base tripled during the period.

We saw the revival of icons like the Fairlady Z and Nissan G-TR; Nissan’s industrial entry into Wuhon, China, St. Petersburg, Russia, Chennai, India, and Resende, Brazil; the pioneering of a mass market for electric cars with the Leaf; the jumpstarting of autonomous cars; the introduction of Mitsubishi Motors to the Alliance; and the Alliance becoming the number one auto group in the world in 2017, producing more than 10 million cars annually. We created, directly and indirectly, countless jobs in Japan and re-established Nissan as a pillar of the Japanese economy.

These accomplishments - secured alongside the peerless team of Nissan employees worldwide - are the greatest joy of my life, next to my family.

5. Conclusion

Your Honor, I am innocent of the accusations made against me. I have always acted with integrity and have never been accused of any wrongdoing in my several-decade professional career. I have been wrongly accused and unfairly detained based on meritless and unsubstantiated accusations.

Thank you, your Honor, for listening to me.
Responder
De seguir este curso la historia, los que debería ir a prisión son ciertos ejecutivos japoneses.
Responder
(09-01-2019, 10:09)RSport escribió: No caerá esa breva.

Son mas de trinchar el pavo harakiris Sisi3
Cualquiera puede ser una estrella fugaz.

Apadrina un fermentador: www.cervezasleoncia.com  Birras
Responder
Vaya tela con los japos, que sinvergüenzas
Responder
Todo hacía pensar que podía acabar así, pero joder, es un culebrón tan grande que no se lo esperaba nadie hacía unos meses.
Responder
Vamos, que te torturan hasta que confiesas para dejar de sufrir.

Ese 99% de condenados es posible que no pase en ningún país del mundo.
Responder
(12-01-2019, 12:35)DILINGER escribió: Vamos, que te torturan hasta que confiesas para dejar de sufrir.

Ese 99% de condenados es posible que no pase en ningún país del mundo.

También es el pais con la criminalidad más baja del mundo.

No digo que las prácticas sean buenas, sino que no podemos tomar las cifras de otros países como referencia comparativa. Japón es un país incomparable, para lo bueno y para lo malo.
Responder
(12-01-2019, 17:22)RSport escribió: Yo sólo espero que Renault se haga con el control total de Nissan. Es lo que se merecen, perder por completo su independencia y pasar a depender de la empresa que les salvó y a la que tan poco han agradecido su supervivencia Nusenuse

Esa ciertamente no es la actitud que ha llevado a Renault-Nissan a una relación sostenible de éxito durande dos décadas.

Más bien parece la actitud de Daimler hacia Chrysler y Mitsubishi, de GM hacia Fiat y Saab... y ya sabemos como terminaron todas esas historias.
Responder
(12-01-2019, 15:55)IST escribió: También es el pais con la criminalidad más baja del mundo.

No digo que las prácticas sean buenas, sino que no podemos tomar las cifras de otros países como referencia comparativa. Japón es un país incomparable, para lo bueno y para lo malo.

No te digo que no, pero un 99% de ser cierto es muy llamativo.
- Lo único que necesitas para freír un huevo es, un Universo -
Responder
(12-01-2019, 15:55)IST escribió: También es el pais con la criminalidad más baja del mundo.

Sin olvidar que hay pena de muerte, que probablemente ayude a mantener una criminalidad baja Roto2cafe
[Imagen: 804288_5.png] 
[Imagen: 1355534.png]
Responder
Da para peli.
"Ningún hombre será el mejor si no tiene fuego en la sangre." Enzo Ferrari dixit
Responder
(12-01-2019, 22:45)Magu escribió: Da para peli.

... De terror.
                                                                           - ouvrez votre esprit  Guiño - 
Responder
(12-01-2019, 20:25)Jaymz escribió: Sin olvidar que hay pena de muerte, que probablemente ayude a mantener una criminalidad baja Roto2cafe

Como en USA?
Responder
(13-01-2019, 01:24)Phoenixgris escribió: Como en USA?

Es que USA está lleno de niggas.
Responder
(13-01-2019, 01:24)Phoenixgris escribió: Como en USA?

Exacto, aunque en USA depende de cada estado.

En unos funciona más que en otros.
[Imagen: 804288_5.png] 
[Imagen: 1355534.png]
Responder
Ayer se rechazó una nueva petición de libertad bajo fianza y Goshn estará en prisión hasta el 10 de marzo, aunque posiblemente permanezca en prisión hasta que se celebre el juicio que puede retratarse varios meses.

Viendo que la situación del aún CEO de Renault ni mejora ni tiene pinta de que vaya a cambiar durante meses, el gobierno francés quiere mover ficha y pasar página de este asunto cuanto antes, por lo que el proceso de nombramiento del nuevo CEO podría iniciarse en breve. Renault además quiere también dejar a un lado este asunto y su intención es que la presentación del nuevo Clio en el salón de Ginebra en marzo, sea hecha por el nuevo presidente de la compañía, lo que sería enviar un mensaje de cambio de ciclo y que los problemas de Goshn dejen de salpicar a la marca francesa.
Responder
Que pasada, pobre goshn
Responder
Pues Renault va a seguir manteniendolo como CEO hasta que vea lo que pasa en Japón...
https://leftlanenews.com/2019/01/24/carl...n-and-ceo/
Responder
Pues yo acabo de leer que ha dimitido.

Cita: Bruno Le Maire, Ministro de Economía, anunció en una entrevista concedida a Bloomberg que Carlos Ghosn renunció la noche del miércoles al jueves. Ghosn ha estado encarcelado en Japón durante más de dos meses bajo sospecha de no informar a las autoridades del mercado de valores japonés una parte de sus ingresos de Nissan. Varias solicitudes de libertad bajo fianza fueron rechazadas

Ghosn facilita así el proceso de sucesión. La Junta de Directores de Losange se reunirá este jueves por la mañana para nombrar una nueva administración. Jean-Dominique Senard debería convertirse en presidente y Thierry Bolloré sería el director general.

He ido a la fuente y...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/20...says-video

Lo dice justo al principio del vídeo, "Carlos Goshn, just resigned last night". Carlos Goshn acaba de dimitir la pasada noche.
Responder
(24-01-2019, 11:23)DILINGER escribió: Pues yo acabo de leer que ha dimitido.

He ido a la fuente y...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/20...says-video

Lo dice justo al principio del vídeo, "Carlos Goshn, just resigned last night". Carlos Goshn acaba de dimitir la pasada noche.

Vale, lo entendi mal. Pense en resigned como reasignado Roto2rie
Al final era normal, sin poder dirigir nada, Renault estaba sin cabeza, necesita alguien que la controle...
Responder
(24-01-2019, 11:56)A.P.M. escribió: Vale, lo entendi mal. Pense en resigned como reasignado Roto2rie
Al final era normal, sin poder dirigir nada, Renault estaba sin cabeza, necesita alguien que la controle...

Él mismo lo dice en su comunicado, que no quiere perjudicar a Renault ni a la Alianza. Y tal vez, tampoco a su propio futuro. Habrá que ver si las futuras decisiones judiciales van en otro sentido, lo que sería un claro indicio de lo que ha estado en el fondo de este problema.

Ahora parece que Renault apostará por una doble dirección, Jean-Dominique Senard el actual presidente de Michelin, será nombrado presidente no ejecutivo del grupo y Thierry Bolloré, que estaba siendo el Presidente interino, ocupará el puesto de Director General.
- Lo único que necesitas para freír un huevo es, un Universo -
Responder
Espero que pueda tomarse la revancha
Responder
Carlos parece que empieza a atacar...
Carlos Ghosn blames arrest on Nissan 'plot' to block Renault merger

The executive has shed more light on his likely legal defense as he remains detained in a Tokyo jail.

Former Nissan chairman Carlos Ghosn has finally spoken publicly about his arrest late last year, giving him a chance to accuse his former employer of orchestrating an ouster to block plans for a merger with Renault.

Speaking to Japan's Nikkei, the executive said he has "no doubt" the arrest was tied to a "plot and treason" by Nissan's leadership. He claims to have initially presented the Renault merger plan to Nissan president Hiroto Saikawa in September, just two months before his arrest.

"People translated strong leadership to dictator, to distort reality," and ultimately for the purpose of "getting rid of me," he added.

The arrest centers around millions of dollars in compensation that was allegedly not properly disclosed. Ghosn argues that regional executives signed approvals on the unique compensation methods and one of the payments was from a "CEO reserve" that "is not a black box."

The SEC has launched an investigation into the allegations, along with Nissan's internal checks that should have prevented any improper compensation.

Viene a decir que es una traición y un complot para echarlo, pues en septiembre habia enseñado al presidente de Nissan los planes de fusión...
Responder
(31-01-2019, 09:43)RSport escribió: Pues quitándose de en medio a Ghosn dudo que vayan a conseguir evitar la fusión, si acaso acelerarla Roto2nuse

ya parece que se están moviendo las fichas para comprar por parte de renault ese 7% de nissan.
Responder
Ojalá suceda la compra. Pero no sé si la nueva dirección será tan agresiva desde el principio. Yo creo que lo lógico sería de momento ir por las buenas, pero una compra de un peqeuño porcentaje para acojonar, podría ser una maniobra de presión para que aceptasen una fusión por las buenas. Lo que dijo Bernard es que quieren llevar la unión más allá de donde está.
Responder
(31-01-2019, 10:16)RSport escribió: Cuéntame más Zpalomita

pero si me lo dijisté tú!! Facepalm
Responder
Carlos Ghosn dice que la cúpula directiva de Nissan usó "trama y traición" para desbaratar sus planes de estrechar lazos con Renault.

Cita:Ghosn says Nissan executives used 'plot and treason' to halt Renault integration: Nikkei

TOKYO (Reuters) - Carlos Ghosn said Nissan executives opposed to his plans for closer ties with automaking partner Renault SA resorted to “plot and treason” to disrupt them and were behind the financial misconduct allegations against him.

Speaking to the Nikkei newspaper in his first media interview since his arrest on Nov. 19, Ghosn said he had discussed plans to integrate the companies with Nissan CEO Hiroto Saikawa in September.

But Nissan executives employed “plot and treason” to uproot those plans, Ghosn said.

Ghosn, who spearheaded Nissan’s turnaround two decades ago, had pushed for a deeper tie-up between Nissan and Renault, including possibly a full merger, despite strong reservations at the Japanese corporation.

He remains in detention following his arrest and indictment on charges related to breach of trust and understating his salary.

His arrest has clouded the outlook for closer ties between Nissan and Renault, along with Mitsubishi Motors Corp, the third member of the automaking alliance

Since his arrest, Saikawa has said it was not the time to discuss revising the partners’ complex capital ties. Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors have dismissed him as chairman, while he has resigned from the helm at Renault.

Ghosn denied accusations of improper payments to a company run by a Saudi businessman, saying the payment had been approved by a Nissan executive.

Ghosn also called accusations by both Nissan and Mitsubishi that he received nearly 8 million euros in improper payment through a Dutch-based joint venture of the two automakers “a distortion of reality”, and argued his luxury residences in Rio de Janeiro and Beirut were approved by Nissan’s legal department.

Nissan has said it was not aware that it had paid for many of Ghosn’s properties. On Wednesday, a spokesman said that the company was unable to comment on Ghosn’s legal defense.

Ghosn, in the 20-minute interview, denied that his tenure at Nissan had been a “dictatorship”.

“People translated strong leadership to dictator, to distort reality” for the “purpose of getting rid of me,” he said.

Ghosn added that his health was fine, and that he wouldn’t flee if freed on bail.

Meanwhile, NHK reported that Saikawa plans to hold his first face-to-face discussion with new Renault Chairman Jean-Dominique Senard on the sidelines of an alliance meeting in the Netherlands on Thursday.
Responder

Salto de foro: